This Bible study has been created for children in grades 1-6.
- The RED Level is for younger children in grades 1-3.
- The BLUE Level is for older children in grades 4-6.
Who are the Quiz Coaches?
Allison Miller and Kathy Shelton
When are the practices?
Sunday evenings from 6-7. Occasionally, additional practices will be scheduled.
When are the quizzes?
The quiz competitions take place on one Saturday out of the month throughout the school year. There are six quizzes per quiz season.
Where do the quizzes take place?
The quiz teams will travel to various churches to compete against other children.
How do I join the Children's Bible Quizzing team?
Please see our Quiz Coaches, Allison Miller and Kathy Shelton, or our Children's Ministries Director, Lori Docter to join the team. Visit our Contact page or the Ministry Leaders page.
Scope and Sequence
Each book in the Children's Quizzing curriculum has been chosen intentionally to help children gain an overall understanding of the chronology of the Bible. The six studies in the scope and sequence are:
- Studies in Matthew (2017-18)
- Studies in Acts (2018-19)
- Studies in Genesis (2019-20)
- Studies in Exodus (2020-21)
- Studies in Joshua, Judges, and Ruth (2021-22)
- Studies in 1 & 2 Samuel (2022-23)
What Kids Learn in Studies in Matthew: 2017-2018
- God sent His Son, Jesus to earth to be the promised Savior. Jesus grew up in Nazareth. His mother was Mary and His earthly father was Joseph.
- Jesus began His ministry by being baptized by John the Baptist. When Jesus was tempted by the devil, He resisted it and did not sin.
- Jesus taught many truths in the Sermon on the Mount. He taught new ways of looking at the Old Testament laws and practices.
- Jesus healed many who were sick and performed many miracles.
- Jesus called 12 disciples to follow Him. He sent them out to heal the sick and join Him in building the kingdom of heaven. Among these miracles, He fed the 5,000 people, walked on water, and calmed a stormy sea.
- Jesus taught using parables to teach the people about the kingdom of heaven and the Second Coming.
- Jesus was transfigured. This is another time where Jesus was declared as God's Son.
- Before Passover, Jesus entered Jerusalem, and the people praised Him. As the week went on, the chief priests plotted to kill Him, and one of His disciples, Judas, agreed to turn Him in.
- During the Passover feast, Jesus gave new meaning to the bread and wine. Then, He went to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray, praying for God's will to be done.
- Jesus was tried and sentenced to death on the Cross. He died and was buried.
- On the third day, Jesus rose from the dead! He gave His disciples the Great Commission, telling them to go and make disciples of all nations!